Monday, May 24, 2010

Temp Job


So today my job is at Mitsubishi Electric Research Laboratories. Yeah and everyone is Japanese (Jess you would love it) So my list of phone extensions has a lot of really weird names, I was a little worried with this because I have a hard time understanding people with accents and now I would have to try and understand all these very foreign names. For example, Vijay Shilpiekandula, now how would you pronounce that???? Well my worries soon went away when 9 and then 10 and ten 11 past and the phone never rang. Yes it is now 3:14 and I have answered and transfered one call. Much to my surprise the caller spelled out the name of the person he wanted to reach, he obviously did not know how to pronouce their name either. So what do I do for eight hours sitting at a desk and the computer???? Well, I have been looking for suggestions, but so far it consists of a lot of online shopping or wishing I should say because I have no money, studying for some online classes, listing and relisting my apartment on craigs list, KSL and the BYU off campus housing website, catching up on the news, and celebrity gosspip, o and I can't forget facebook, I found some old neighbors. Anybody remember the kings who lived on the corner? Well they are all on facebook, seem to be doing well, the girl in the fam got married last year, looked like a festive wedding. Back to the point, I am looking for suggestions of website or other fun things to do. Remember I have the full internet and lots of time on my hands...I am thinking Chelsea would have some excellent suggestions of websites she regularly follows...so give me a list. I also thought maybe I could take surveys and get paid to take them so then I would be making even more money by the hour.....
And answer to some questions my temp jobs have mostly been one day jobs I am hoping to get a long term job just so I know I have a job everyday and a pay check everyweek. But I have been working pretty consistently everday so I have nothing to complain about. Sometimes they call you the day before for your assignment and sometimes they call you the day of. I just take the address put it in my phone and I am on my way! It is nice to have a different job everyday, keeps it interesting. Today I was privilaged enough to receive a name tag, see picture!
All my love....

3 comments:

  1. Lucky! I wouldn't expect Japanese all the way in Boston! I will try and think of some good websites to spend/waste time.

    What classes did you get? Independent study?

    ReplyDelete
  2. here's some good websites:

    imnotobsessed.com
    thepioneerwoman.com
    usmagazine.com

    i've got more, but i have to think of them... ill let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking, you need to read the Black Heels to Tractor Wheels story on the Pioneer Woman. It's like a 30 part story of how she met her husband, its really funny and will take you about 2 days to read. You'll love it.

    ReplyDelete