Friday, November 4, 2011

this is for DAD

me and mom on the river going through shanghai. (the bund) we are on the old side so in the backround you can see the new side.
the apple store. you can not tell but i am doing the peace sign with both hands, got to fit in!!!

We left my dad in the dust. He is at home working and being bishop so we can play for ten days. We really miss him so I am going to try to blog everyday for him. Anyone who followed my paris blog will know that that will be quite the work for me. I am not a good blogger but here it goes.

Our 14 hour plane flight was almost 15 hours. I am not going to say it was awful because we have 5 whole seats all to our self. So for most of the time I laid down like i was on my bed, then in the end I gave mom a few hours of laying down and I caught up on my movies. Because I got about an hour of sleep the night before we left I slept for 7 hours at one point I think. That is a long time. They gave us lots of food and I felt stuffed the whole time. We got to China and I was determined to tak public transportation all the way to the hotel. I had to prove myself, I was really good with public transportation in every other country I have lived in, so I was going to prove that China can't be any different. My mom was skeptical and just wanted to take a taxi but i said no way! So we got on the maglev train. It is one of the fastes trains in the world and it took 7 minutes to go from the airport to the center of the city. As we jumped on the train we met a nice man. I was saying how hot it was and needed a hair tie and he took on of his wrist and gave it to me. nice guy. then i started the conversation, "where are you from?" he did not look chinese and looked kind of latino so i thought i could use my spanish. wrong. he was from iran. so he started lots of chat about where we are going. I told him east nanjing road. he told me i was going to get on the line 2 metro. i already knew that but he sure wanted to help so he carried mom's suitcase to line 2 and bought out metro tickets. we got on the metro and i knew we might have to manuever out of this one.....i thought my mom was being overly trusty of this young man, but then she turned to me and said "we are not taking this man to our hotel!" so luckily we were on the same page. He was getting off a stop after us so when our stop came i jumped up and got my mom's suitcase and mine and he offered to help. I told him i had big muscles and we would be okay. he then asked me how long we were staying. i said 10 days. he then asked for my number and wanted to know if we could travel together next week......OPPS! NO WAY! mom had to point out later that he was cute. i just changed the subject telling him we were going to be traveling with my sister and jumped off the metro with all my bags. I felt kind of bad rejecting him because he was so nice but whatev, i was not about to travel with him. So we wondered around on east nanjing road for a bit, which is like the strip of nanjing. lights and people everywhere. people were obviously starring because we had big suitcases and were wondering. we quickly found out hotel and got to our room to encounter laura. we had a joyous reunion and then hit the town for a bit to see the sites.
What a grand time we will have!

All my love,
the traveling queen (my life is pretty awesome)

ps laura told us it was going to be cold....well she was wrong....it is hot, and i do love it.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE that you 3 are in China together! and I also LOVE that you are blogging about it!!! Love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this update. We need to get together for lunch when you return.

    ReplyDelete