Tuesday, February 1, 2011

METRO

I am fascinated with public transportation, in Paris that is. I never have to wait longer than 3 minutes for a train. When you get to the platform there is a digital clock like thing that tells you when the next two trains will arrive. I usually find it to be 3 and 7 minutes. I don't know why anyone would wait for the next train unless it is super crowded, but I guess it is nice to know when the next two trains will arrive. Anyways, off point, the metro is fantastic there are over 12 lines that intersect all over the city. Plus, there are underground tunnels so even after you get off the metro you can walk underground for .5 miles till the appropriate exit of connecting train. It is crazy because they have moving walkways and they go on forEVER. It is crazy to see. Nonetheless, the metro is so convenient not even having to wait for a train, they always seem to arrive just as i get to the platform. I am still amazed at how many people are in this city. The metro always seems pretty packed and the streets too. Do these people work? apparently not. They just ride the metro all day and walk the streets.
Me enjoying public transportation. This is on the bus, but everytime we take the bus we get incredibly lost late at night.....so this is probably the only bus picture i will have. We are taking a fast from buses.
Here is the metro mid day. So again.....these people don't work but just take metros all day to keep them crowded.
"Us" on the metro. Squished together of course, always crowded.

2 comments:

  1. JAMIE!!!!!! i miss my jamie girl! how are you??? it's been way too long! i am so glad i came across your blog. it's truly the highlight of my day. and paris??? live it up for me! miss you tons and tons!
    xoxo
    ashley

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just thinking...when is Jamie going to send news from Paris? Little did I know... I love public transportation. It is nice not to have a car. Though in America one must :) I'm glad you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete